A few stats of note and records from Alabama's 21-0 win over LSU to capture the BCS National Championship.
- First shutout in BCS title game history.
- Alabama had 384 total yards to LSU's 92.
- LSU crossed the 50 yard line just once, late in the 4th quarter.
- Ohio State's Ted Ginn Jr.'s opening kick return vs. Florida gained more yards and points than LSU did this entire game.
- It wasn't until A.J. McCarron's 13 yard scramble with 6:10 left in the 4th quarter that Alabama, as a team, passed Auburn quarterback Cam Newton's total yardage from last year's championship game. The Crimson Tide finished the game with just 55 yards more than Newton had last year and just 27 more than what Oregon's Darron Thomas had in 2011.
- LSU still wound up gaining 10 more yards than Ohio State did against Florida in 2007.
|More on BCS Championship|
- This was the first ever shutout in a BCS game, the previous fewest points scored was Florida State's two versus Oklahoma in 2001.
- Georgia Southern gained more yards against Alabama in one game (341) than LSU did in two (331).
- Every recruiting class Nick Saban has had since coming to LSU in 2000 has experienced a national championship.
- LSU will have beaten the Pac-12 and Big East champions as well as the National Champions during the regular season.
- The Tigers will drop to 4-1 in BCS bowls. West Virginia will take over top spot for wins without a loss at 3-0 after their Orange Bowl victory.
- Marquis Maze's 49 yard punt return is the longest against LSU since Javier Arenas' 61yd TD return on Nov. 3, 2007. On Maze's punt return alone, LSU allowed eight times the number of yards they've given up total all season on punt returns.
- The SEC is now 8-1 in the championship game, with the lone loss coming to... the SEC.
- Alabama's defense finished the season by allowing just 106 points. They only gave up nine touchdowns all year, three on the ground and six through the air.
- 2001 Miami allowed 103 points and 2000 TCU allowed 106 in 11 games. Alabama allowed 106 with one extra game and finished the season giving up just 7.57 points per game.